Terrific Tales on Traffic - Episode 11 (Ije Love Memoirs)



"You know you amaze me sometimes by your strength alone. Like boy! See you see small Rose of yesterday... omo you're taking this better than I would oh... I know you are strong, you'll get through this... you're very smart, you'll bounce back soon enough, and if you need anything, you know I gat you for life, you cant try Miss independent shit with me, you know na."

They laughed, He continued

 "But Rosy, how far you na? When are we coming to your wedding?" (The question of the century even BARD and Chat GPT can not answer this question)

"I don't know oh, been asking myself the same question since?", she retorted, amidst laughter, 

"I don tire for you, I swear, I don tire for you," he said, they both laughed. She continued, 

"No be when I see man first? Honestly, I am just taking a break from this whole dating thing... when I like them they don't like me, when they like me, I don't like them... just waiting for the trumpet to blow away. " 

More laughter, 

"Trumpet Ko!"  He said, "I don't think so, I think you are dating people that you are way smarter than."

"Hmmmn!" she exclaimed, "Word!"  She laughed

He continued, though, "For real though, most girls with high IQ find it hard to fall in love with guys that are not up to their IQ level or have something more to offer." 

It was beginning to make sense. Her brain did a quick mental assessment of all her exes... her longest relationship was the one where she acted dumb most of the time, although he was very smart too. IT genius or is it because you were not as smart as him then, you didn't even have a career path then, just hoping to be anything in the stock market. Hmmm! That makes sense. wow!  gosh, so you have been out there dating dumb boys, medulla laughed... 🤣🤣🤣stressing the auricles, ventricles, and capillaries, sending painful signals around the body after they mess up... all because you refuse to consult me before you fall hopelessly, yakata in love...  Yeye 🤣🤣🤣

"Rosie Rosie, can you hear me... Hello!!

"Yes, yeah, sure"... she slowly descended from conversing with the medulla back to the phone call

 "Ah.. you went quiet, I thought it was network... so yeah, that's it... I think you should pay attention to that too... "

" Well, Daddy find for me na...,

"No oh my lil princess.. hian! you are the smartest person I know... plus Vicran and Declan are fuckboys they will damage your heart and I will break their head.. so let's not ruin childhood friendship in the search for inlaw but do fast... I give you till my birthday in September... that's 6 months' time, you must come back with a good report... I am serious oh..."

"Yeah, whatever, but Daddy..." 

"No buts Rose, try, just try. I know you like being independent and all but just try."

"Fun fact though, I don't like being independent like that... I like to be pampered and taken care of"

"You that I know, If I hear! Alright na, I have to go now take care of yourself.  Remember, September... You know I Love you na!"

"Love you too Daddy, bye, say hi to my step mum, Pineapple,  I will sha dodge your call in September..." We both laughed, my school father always gave his girlfriends, fruit pet names, The one I can never forget was Apple, Apple dealt with my daddy Sha right before my eyes in our final year though. They were so in love, I couldn't even believe they had broken up. 

"Hahaha," he laughed,  "you can't try it, I trust you will get even before that time sef"

"You have so much faith in me, I am honored" We both laughed

"Okay na, till then... ehehn! Rose, if you need anything you know I am right here, don't bravado these times alone, I'll send you something later and I'll try to check on you as often as I would. Something better would come through soon. Okay"

"Okay Daddy, Thank you so much"

The call ended at 7:39 p.m... She slept by 1 a.m. that day... just thinking 

However, this happened sometime in April 2022... 

By September 2022... she had no reports aside from the new job she got, which she promoted till she entangled herself in November 2022 and detangled herself in early March 2023... another failed attempt. The fact that you don't learn or you tend to forget easily, Rosa phew!! Well, I sha met the deadline slightly that year, Didn't I?😆 Evaluating everything in retrospect,  Ijelove is not for the fainthearted but we stay Dauntless regardless❤️

So NDI recommenders association, operation we must get Dauntless Asoebi, International Matchmakers Association, Agents from my Relatives, RosaWinedrinkers, BridePrice Aggregators, and Womb and Finger watchers from the Father's side (because the mother's side is the coolest), we appreciate all your efforts... but give us time while we work on ourselves, very soon, the hide and seek between LOML and I would end, and we would all have the happily ever after we deserve.

6 Comments

Post a Comment